PIB chief executive Brendan McManus has stated that he does not expect any redundancies to follow the company’s purchase of Cobra Group.
While he admitted there is some overlap between the two businesses, he noted that the transaction was largely complementary. The deal took the amount of premium placed or influenced by PIB from £550m to £900m.
McManus told Insurance Age: “They’ve got a network and an MGA, which sells different products to the MGAs we’ve got, the London market business has
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years