Boris Johnson was paid £25,540 to speak at the British Insurance Brokers’ Association’s (Biba) Conference, according to the House of Commons’ register of members’ financial interest.
According to the document, transport for Johnson and one member of staff was also provided.
By comparison, the former Foreign Secretary received £38,250 for a speaking engagement for Citigroup in London on 12 March this year, and £28,900 from KNect365 for a speech on 4 December 2018, also in London.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years