PIB Group has bought the Cobra group of companies, taking the amount of premium placed or influenced by PIB from £550m to £900m, Insurance Age can reveal.
The deal is subject to regulatory approval and is PIB’s 20th investment since 2016. It most recently bought Optis Insurances in Ireland in February.
Following the Optis purchase, PIB chief executive officer Brendan McManus stated that the business wants to expand into more countries in Europe. PIB is also currently looking to raise £100m -
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click