Higos, one of Global Risk Partners’ (GRP) hub brokers, has bought Plymouth-based The Insurance Group (TIG) for an undisclosed sum.
This is Higos’ fifth acquisition since becoming part of GRP in 2017 and the broker noted that TIG would expand its reach in the South West.
Residential and commercial property specialist TIG was established more than 40 years ago and is led by Laurie de Mel, who will move across to Higos along with his 18 staff.
Matt Hartigan, Higos managing director,
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product