Higos, one of Global Risk Partners’ (GRP) hub brokers, has bought Plymouth-based The Insurance Group (TIG) for an undisclosed sum.
This is Higos’ fifth acquisition since becoming part of GRP in 2017 and the broker noted that TIG would expand its reach in the South West.
Residential and commercial property specialist TIG was established more than 40 years ago and is led by Laurie de Mel, who will move across to Higos along with his 18 staff.
Matt Hartigan, Higos managing director,
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m