Higos, one of Global Risk Partners’ (GRP) hub brokers, has bought Plymouth-based The Insurance Group (TIG) for an undisclosed sum.
This is Higos’ fifth acquisition since becoming part of GRP in 2017 and the broker noted that TIG would expand its reach in the South West.
Residential and commercial property specialist TIG was established more than 40 years ago and is led by Laurie de Mel, who will move across to Higos along with his 18 staff.
Matt Hartigan, Higos managing director,
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester