Lloyd’s of London has been accused of having a “deep-seated culture of sexual harassment” in a report by Bloomberg Businessweek.
The publication has spoken to 18 women working in the insurance market, who have described an atmosphere of “near-persistent harassment”, both verbal and physical.
Responding to the report, Sheila Cameron, chief executive officer of the Lloyd’s Market Association stated: “Sexual harassment is simply indefensible in any workplace and all instances should be dealt with
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change