The Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond has announced an operational review looking into the Insurance premium Tax (IPT) in the Spring Statement today (13 March).
According to the Spring Statement the government is set to publish a call for evidence on where improvements can be made to ensure that the IPT operates fairly and efficiently.
The IPT, which was kept at 12% for the second year in a row in the 2018 Autumn Budget, had previously doubled in just two years after it rose in
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand