The Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond has announced an operational review looking into the Insurance premium Tax (IPT) in the Spring Statement today (13 March).
According to the Spring Statement the government is set to publish a call for evidence on where improvements can be made to ensure that the IPT operates fairly and efficiently.
The IPT, which was kept at 12% for the second year in a row in the 2018 Autumn Budget, had previously doubled in just two years after it rose in
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers