The Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond has announced an operational review looking into the Insurance premium Tax (IPT) in the Spring Statement today (13 March).
According to the Spring Statement the government is set to publish a call for evidence on where improvements can be made to ensure that the IPT operates fairly and efficiently.
The IPT, which was kept at 12% for the second year in a row in the 2018 Autumn Budget, had previously doubled in just two years after it rose in
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission