The ongoing legal dispute between Gallagher and the Ardonagh Group continued today (12 March) as the trial started with opening statements for both sides.
Alesco Risk Management Services and Arthur J Gallagher Services (UK) first filed court papers against Ardonagh-owned Bishopsgate Insurance Brokers as well as Price Forbes and Partners, the Ardonagh Group, Nawaf Hasan and Peter Burton in September last year.
Gallagher is accusing the defendants of poaching both staff and business. Ardonagh
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester