Aon is considering to make an offer to buy Willis Towers Watson, as reported by Bloomberg.
According to the article, preliminary talks have been held between the two broking giants and Aon is preparing to submit a bid for Willis in the coming weeks.
Sources further told Bloomberg that no final decision has been made and that Aon could decide not to move forward.
In its most recent set of financial results, Aon reported an 8% fall in profit to $1.13bn (£864m) in 2018, along with an increase in
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment