PIB is planning to expand into more European countries, according to chief executive Brendan McManus.
Yesterday the broker confirmed its first deal outside of the UK when it bought managing general agent Optis Insurance in Ireland.
“It won’t be the last acquisition we make in Europe, but it suited us to be in Ireland first,” McManus told Insurance Age.
“I know the Irish insurance market quite well and obviously with a name like Brendan McManus you can imagine I’ve got a fair bit of Irish
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand