PIB is planning to expand into more European countries, according to chief executive Brendan McManus.
Yesterday the broker confirmed its first deal outside of the UK when it bought managing general agent Optis Insurance in Ireland.
“It won’t be the last acquisition we make in Europe, but it suited us to be in Ireland first,” McManus told Insurance Age.
“I know the Irish insurance market quite well and obviously with a name like Brendan McManus you can imagine I’ve got a fair bit of Irish
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click