Lloyd’s has confirmed that its former chairman, Sir David Rowland, has passed away.
Rowland, who was chairman of Lloyd’s between 1993 and 1997, took on the position after the corporation had suffered losses for several years.
He has been credited with guiding Lloyd’s through a difficult period and was awarded a Gold Medal for services to Lloyd’s in 1996.
The medal was first introduced in 1919 and has only been awarded 17 times.
Lloyd’s said in a statement: “Sir David was
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn