Lloyd’s has confirmed that its former chairman, Sir David Rowland, has passed away.
Rowland, who was chairman of Lloyd’s between 1993 and 1997, took on the position after the corporation had suffered losses for several years.
He has been credited with guiding Lloyd’s through a difficult period and was awarded a Gold Medal for services to Lloyd’s in 1996.
The medal was first introduced in 1919 and has only been awarded 17 times.
Lloyd’s said in a statement: “Sir David was
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders