Lloyd’s has confirmed that its former chairman, Sir David Rowland, has passed away.
Rowland, who was chairman of Lloyd’s between 1993 and 1997, took on the position after the corporation had suffered losses for several years.
He has been credited with guiding Lloyd’s through a difficult period and was awarded a Gold Medal for services to Lloyd’s in 1996.
The medal was first introduced in 1919 and has only been awarded 17 times.
Lloyd’s said in a statement: “Sir David was
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries