Global Risk Partners (GRP) has bought equine specialist broker Shearwater Insurance Services for an undisclosed sum.
Shearwater is based in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, and was founded in 1992 by managing director Jeremy Lawton.
GRP stated that Lawton will continue to run the business once the deal has been completed, and all 36 staff will stay with Shearwater as it moves across to new ownership.
This is GRP’s second deal of 2019 and follows its purchase of Peter Cullum-owned
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move