Global Risk Partners (GRP) has bought equine specialist broker Shearwater Insurance Services for an undisclosed sum.
Shearwater is based in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, and was founded in 1992 by managing director Jeremy Lawton.
GRP stated that Lawton will continue to run the business once the deal has been completed, and all 36 staff will stay with Shearwater as it moves across to new ownership.
This is GRP’s second deal of 2019 and follows its purchase of Peter Cullum-owned
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA