Global Risk Partners (GRP) has bought equine specialist broker Shearwater Insurance Services for an undisclosed sum.
Shearwater is based in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, and was founded in 1992 by managing director Jeremy Lawton.
GRP stated that Lawton will continue to run the business once the deal has been completed, and all 36 staff will stay with Shearwater as it moves across to new ownership.
This is GRP’s second deal of 2019 and follows its purchase of Peter Cullum-owned
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product