Arron Banks-owned Eldon Insurance and the Leave.EU campaign have been fined a total of £120,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for serious breaches of electronic marketing laws.
The regulator stated it was now set to review how Eldon, trading as Go Skippy Insurance, and Leave.EU are complying with data protection laws.
According to the ICO, its next steps will be to interview key employees across both organisations, including directors, staff and data protection officers.
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR