Arron Banks-owned Eldon Insurance and the Leave.EU campaign have been fined a total of £120,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for serious breaches of electronic marketing laws.
The regulator stated it was now set to review how Eldon, trading as Go Skippy Insurance, and Leave.EU are complying with data protection laws.
According to the ICO, its next steps will be to interview key employees across both organisations, including directors, staff and data protection officers.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK