Arron Banks-owned Eldon Insurance and the Leave.EU campaign have been fined a total of £120,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for serious breaches of electronic marketing laws.
The regulator stated it was now set to review how Eldon, trading as Go Skippy Insurance, and Leave.EU are complying with data protection laws.
According to the ICO, its next steps will be to interview key employees across both organisations, including directors, staff and data protection officers.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Lloyd's launches product innovation facility with £53m capacity
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years