Following the death of a teenager from an allergic reaction to a baguette bought from an international sandwich shop chain last year, the government is proposing stronger food labelling laws which could see all packaged food such as sandwiches and salads list the full ingredients.
So how serious is this for food and beverage manufacturers and distributors?
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) estimates that around two million people in the UK live with a diagnosed food allergy. This might sound
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA