Following the death of a teenager from an allergic reaction to a baguette bought from an international sandwich shop chain last year, the government is proposing stronger food labelling laws which could see all packaged food such as sandwiches and salads list the full ingredients.
So how serious is this for food and beverage manufacturers and distributors?
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) estimates that around two million people in the UK live with a diagnosed food allergy. This might sound
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns