Following the death of a teenager from an allergic reaction to a baguette bought from an international sandwich shop chain last year, the government is proposing stronger food labelling laws which could see all packaged food such as sandwiches and salads list the full ingredients.
So how serious is this for food and beverage manufacturers and distributors?
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) estimates that around two million people in the UK live with a diagnosed food allergy. This might sound
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK