The cultural fit with Gallagher was one of the most important reasons behind Stackhouse Poland’s decision to sell, according to group chief executive officer Tim Johnson.
Gallagher confirmed the deal yesterday (7 January) and it is expected to close in the first quarter of 2019.
Johnson told Insurance Age that the broker had “lots of choices” and that he applied the same checklist on the interested parties as he usually does when Stackhouse Poland is looking to buy a business.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product