The cultural fit with Gallagher was one of the most important reasons behind Stackhouse Poland’s decision to sell, according to group chief executive officer Tim Johnson.
Gallagher confirmed the deal yesterday (7 January) and it is expected to close in the first quarter of 2019.
Johnson told Insurance Age that the broker had “lots of choices” and that he applied the same checklist on the interested parties as he usually does when Stackhouse Poland is looking to buy a business.
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto