One in five brokers has thought about leaving the industry due to stress, according to research by Ecclesiastical.
Insurance Age can reveal that the majority of the 250 brokers taking part in the survey (78%) feel stressed at work, with a third of these experiencing stress at least once a week.
In addition, half of brokers said they feel anxious at work and nearly half admitted to feeling overwhelmed by work pressures.
One in five also stated that they have suffered depression related to work
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning