One in five brokers has thought about leaving the industry due to stress, according to research by Ecclesiastical.
Insurance Age can reveal that the majority of the 250 brokers taking part in the survey (78%) feel stressed at work, with a third of these experiencing stress at least once a week.
In addition, half of brokers said they feel anxious at work and nearly half admitted to feeling overwhelmed by work pressures.
One in five also stated that they have suffered depression related to work
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings