The Ardonagh Group has agreed to sell its commercial managing general agent (MGA) businesses to Arch UK Holdings for up to £31m.
The broker detailed that the full value of the deal would depend on the performance of the businesses.
The transaction includes Arista, Fusion, Towergate Personal Accident and Travel and Towergate Commercial MGA and will complete in January 2019. Towergate bought Arista in April 2014.
Together the businesses employ 250 staff across nine associated offices.
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers