The insurance industry is in “poor shape” when it comes to technology, according to Simply Business group chief executive officer Jason Stockwood.
Speaking to delegates at the Insurance 3.0 conference in London on 21 September, Stockwood said: “There was an overall InsurTech hype about five years ago. But I don’t think it’s a technology problem, it’s a product problem that technology can help solve.”
He added that the industry needed more competition from players outside of the market in order
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals