The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Leicester-based Abbot Insurance Brokers, trading as Abbot Insurance, in default.
The compensation body stated that it is satisfied that the broker is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it, adding that it will now step in to help consumers that have been affected.
In total six failed financial firms were declared in default in August 2018.
In July the FSCS declared Ipswich-based broker Ignition Select to be in
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move