The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Leicester-based Abbot Insurance Brokers, trading as Abbot Insurance, in default.
The compensation body stated that it is satisfied that the broker is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it, adding that it will now step in to help consumers that have been affected.
In total six failed financial firms were declared in default in August 2018.
In July the FSCS declared Ipswich-based broker Ignition Select to be in
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA