A former insurance broker and director has been sentenced to jail after making fraudulent insurance claims worth £142,334.
Susan Pain, 51, of Shakespeare Avenue, Kirkby, Liverpool, made a total of 31 fraudulent claims for unexpected overheads encountered by medical professionals.
One of them was that her daughter had sustained serious injuries in the terror attack at Manchester Arena in 2017.
Following an investigation by the City of London Police’s Insurance Fraud Enforcement
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed