A former insurance broker and director has been sentenced to jail after making fraudulent insurance claims worth £142,334.
Susan Pain, 51, of Shakespeare Avenue, Kirkby, Liverpool, made a total of 31 fraudulent claims for unexpected overheads encountered by medical professionals.
One of them was that her daughter had sustained serious injuries in the terror attack at Manchester Arena in 2017.
Following an investigation by the City of London Police’s Insurance Fraud Enforcement
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY