Hastings Group has revealed a 22% rise in operating profit to £105.1m for the six months ended 30 June 2018 (H1 2017: £86.5m).
In addition its gross written premium (GWP) increased by 5% to £485.6m, compared to £462.0m in the first half of 2017.
The business also posted a 9% increase in net revenue to £376.3m for the six month period (H1 2017: £345.2m). Combined operating ratio remained relatively flat at 89.3% (H1 2017: 88.9%).
Hastings chief financial officer Richard Hoskins described the
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected