Technology is challenging the traditional forms of insurance, according to Harry Franks, co-founder and chief executive of InsurTech start-up Zego.
Franks explained that the idea for the pay-as-you-go insurance broker came when he worked at Deliveroo and saw a gap in the market for insurance products aimed at people working in the sharing economy.
He noted that traditional forms of insurance and annual policies were not necessarily suitable for someone working a few hours a day or a couple of
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures