Technology is challenging the traditional forms of insurance, according to Harry Franks, co-founder and chief executive of InsurTech start-up Zego.
Franks explained that the idea for the pay-as-you-go insurance broker came when he worked at Deliveroo and saw a gap in the market for insurance products aimed at people working in the sharing economy.
He noted that traditional forms of insurance and annual policies were not necessarily suitable for someone working a few hours a day or a couple of
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans
- FCA proposes £537.7m fee budget for 2019/20
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth