Craig Tracey MP has said he will keep an eye on where the money raised by the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) rise in the 2016 Spring Budget is going.
Then chancellor George Osborne stated that the 0.5% IPT increase would raise £700m to be spent on flood protection measures.
Last week Tracey posed a question to the government to find out what had happened to the funds.
“It takes a bit of time to formulate these things and to make sure they’re done properly, but because it had gone quiet for a
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click