Craig Tracey MP has said he will keep an eye on where the money raised by the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) rise in the 2016 Spring Budget is going.
Then chancellor George Osborne stated that the 0.5% IPT increase would raise £700m to be spent on flood protection measures.
Last week Tracey posed a question to the government to find out what had happened to the funds.
“It takes a bit of time to formulate these things and to make sure they’re done properly, but because it had gone quiet for a
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years