Car Insurance 4 u staff found out that a clone firm was using their trading name after potential customers contacted them about quotes they had received on Facebook, according to the broker’s general manager Clive Jones.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issued a warning on 14 June stating that fraudsters were using details of authorised motor broker Car Insurance 4 u in order to convince people they worked for a genuine company.
The clone firm is operating from a Facebook page and has a
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Freedom partners with ThingCo to launch Pukka Tech
- People Moves Round-up: 16-20 September 2019
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020