Car Insurance 4 u staff found out that a clone firm was using their trading name after potential customers contacted them about quotes they had received on Facebook, according to the broker’s general manager Clive Jones.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issued a warning on 14 June stating that fraudsters were using details of authorised motor broker Car Insurance 4 u in order to convince people they worked for a genuine company.
The clone firm is operating from a Facebook page and has a
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years