Zego has launched a 30-day private hire product in response to the 10,000 private hire drivers affected by Alpha Insurance’s bankruptcy last week.
The start-up, which specialises in providing insurance for the gig-economy, said the new policy was created and launched in under 48 hours.
Unrated Danish insurer Alpha was declared bankrupt after a filing by its liquidators on 8 May and as a result its policyholders, including a large number of taxi drivers, were suddenly left uninsured.
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa