The Treasury has confirmed the delay of the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) until 1 October 2018.
The first proposals to push back the application date of the IDD were published by the European Commission in December last year.
In February the Treasury stated it would not transpose the IDD into national law until the outcome of the proposal to the directive’s application date was confirmed.
The European Council then approved the delay on 14 February 2018.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand