Marsh UK & Ireland CEO Mark Weil is leaving the company and will be succeeded by Chris Lay.
According to Marsh, Weil is leaving the broker to take up a senior role outside of insurance in the private equity sector, but the firm declined to give any more details.
Weil was appointed to the role in 2012.
Lay has worked at Marsh for 30 years and has most recently been serving as president and CEO of Marsh Canada.
The broker noted he had held a number of increasingly senior roles at the firm, inc
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover