The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has reiterated its call for a separate Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) pot for brokers.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) closed its latest consultation into the FSCS fees paid for by financial firms last week.
The regulator made a number of proposals following the initial consultation process, which was opened in December 2016.
In January this year the FSCS predicted it will charge brokers £23m for 2018/19 a 28% increase o
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list