Towergate founder Peter Cullum has lodged a financial claim against the consolidator, as reported by Post.
According to the article the case relates to money lost by Cullum as a result of allegedly poor financial advice.
Cullum, who reportedly lodged a claim against Towergate Financial in the Commercial Court in May last year, left Towergate in 2015.
Towergate, now part of the Ardonagh Group, declined to comment when approached by Insurance Age.
For all the latest industry news direct to you
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin