Swinton Group has confirmed around 900 roles are at risk of redundancy as a result of a restructure, Insurance Age can reveal.
The broker said it is reviewing the size and structure of its branch network as 90 percent of its customers now buy insurance online or over the phone.
A total of 84 branches are under review, alongside a contact centre in Norwich and Swinton said the branches have been selected using a variety of factors including location and customer usage.
It added that the
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam