Insurers have expressed concern over a possible cut to the discount rate, which is expected to result in large costs for the industry and drive up motor, pubic liability and employer’s liability rates for consumers.
At the time of writing, the government is reviewing the way the rate is calculated. Lord Chancellor Liz Truss is expected to make an announcement and reveal the new rate at the end of February or beginning of March.
The discount rate, which relates to personal injury damages (see b
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results