Insurers have expressed concern over a possible cut to the discount rate, which is expected to result in large costs for the industry and drive up motor, pubic liability and employer’s liability rates for consumers.
At the time of writing, the government is reviewing the way the rate is calculated. Lord Chancellor Liz Truss is expected to make an announcement and reveal the new rate at the end of February or beginning of March.
The discount rate, which relates to personal injury damages (see b
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices
- Applied Net 2018: Google’s Capital G has faith in brokers