There is no doubt that 2016 was a challenging year for insurance brokers.
Indeed, many of the hurdles to overcome in 2017 have their origins in 2016. The SSP outage is one such example and, although it first reared its head in the summer, it is still having ramifications (see box).
But it is not just SSP users that have been affected and the issue has got brokers across the market looking at their disaster recovery plans.
Paul Moors, chief executive officer at The Bollington Group, says: “
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Meet the techies: Tobias Taupitz
- Podcast: The top five stories of the week
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market