There is no doubt that 2016 was a challenging year for insurance brokers.
Indeed, many of the hurdles to overcome in 2017 have their origins in 2016. The SSP outage is one such example and, although it first reared its head in the summer, it is still having ramifications (see box).
But it is not just SSP users that have been affected and the issue has got brokers across the market looking at their disaster recovery plans.
Paul Moors, chief executive officer at The Bollington Group, says:
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic