There is no doubt that 2016 was a challenging year for insurance brokers.
Indeed, many of the hurdles to overcome in 2017 have their origins in 2016. The SSP outage is one such example and, although it first reared its head in the summer, it is still having ramifications (see box).
But it is not just SSP users that have been affected and the issue has got brokers across the market looking at their disaster recovery plans.
Paul Moors, chief executive officer at The Bollington Group, says: “
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason