There is no doubt that 2016 was a challenging year for insurance brokers.
Indeed, many of the hurdles to overcome in 2017 have their origins in 2016. The SSP outage is one such example and, although it first reared its head in the summer, it is still having ramifications (see box).
But it is not just SSP users that have been affected and the issue has got brokers across the market looking at their disaster recovery plans.
Paul Moors, chief executive officer at The Bollington Group, says: “
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Revenue growth for Seventeen Group
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018