Earlier this month, the country watched in horror as NHS computer systems were hit by a debilitating cyber attack. The ransomware, known as Wanna Decryptor or WannaCry, hit trusts in England and Scotland and has infected 200,000 machines in 150 countries since it was released.
Essentially WannaCry is a virus planted on your server by cyber attackers which locks you out of your system until you pay a ransom to regain access.
The WannaCry attack prevented thousands of people accessing their own
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years