The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has said that claims management companies (CMCs) must do more to make sure that their advertising does not mislead potential customers.
It took over regulation of CMCs on 1 April of this year and detailed that it has reviewed over 200 CMC adverts in a variety of media and discovered that there is far-reaching poor-practice in CMCs.
Examples of bad practice according to the watchdog include:
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- The Blog Spot: RIP Jelf, hello Marsh Commercial - what's in a broking brand?
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s