The insurance sector and lawyers have welcomed the beginning of a review process into how the discount rate, also known as the Ogden rate, is determined.
Yesterday, (6 December), Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, David Gauke, issued a call for evidence from experts about how the rate is set kicking off a process which is expected to complete in the second quarter of 2019.
A final decision is due 140 days from the Civil Liability Bill, which includes detail on the discount
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans