The insurance sector and lawyers have welcomed the beginning of a review process into how the discount rate, also known as the Ogden rate, is determined.
Yesterday, (6 December), Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, David Gauke, issued a call for evidence from experts about how the rate is set kicking off a process which is expected to complete in the second quarter of 2019.
A final decision is due 140 days from the Civil Liability Bill, which includes detail on the discount
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years