Rules by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which require insurance providers to show this year’s and last year’s premium at the time of renewal are driving customers to switch according to research from Consumer Intelligence.
Its data showed that the average savings for moving car or home insurance after a year is £64 for drivers and £34 for householders in line with savings made before the FCA rules took effect.
Since April 2017 insurers and brokers must include the previous year’s
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal