Rules by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which require insurance providers to show this year’s and last year’s premium at the time of renewal are driving customers to switch according to research from Consumer Intelligence.
Its data showed that the average savings for moving car or home insurance after a year is £64 for drivers and £34 for householders in line with savings made before the FCA rules took effect.
Since April 2017 insurers and brokers must include the previous year’s premiu
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute