Rules by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which require insurance providers to show this year’s and last year’s premium at the time of renewal are driving customers to switch according to research from Consumer Intelligence.
Its data showed that the average savings for moving car or home insurance after a year is £64 for drivers and £34 for householders in line with savings made before the FCA rules took effect.
Since April 2017 insurers and brokers must include the previous year’s
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers