Capacity for construction and engineering is shrinking according to a report by Mactavish and could lead to problems getting cover for some firms.
The company said the changes are being caused by insurance ‘capacity blackspots’ hitting certain industry sectors that have benefitted from a long period of attractive insurance pricing but have now become so complex that insurance companies are reluctant to underwrite the risks.
For example, professional indemnity risks in construction and
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move