Capacity for construction and engineering is shrinking according to a report by Mactavish and could lead to problems getting cover for some firms.
The company said the changes are being caused by insurance ‘capacity blackspots’ hitting certain industry sectors that have benefitted from a long period of attractive insurance pricing but have now become so complex that insurance companies are reluctant to underwrite the risks.
For example, professional indemnity risks in construction and
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role