Capacity for construction and engineering is shrinking according to a report by Mactavish and could lead to problems getting cover for some firms.
The company said the changes are being caused by insurance ‘capacity blackspots’ hitting certain industry sectors that have benefitted from a long period of attractive insurance pricing but have now become so complex that insurance companies are reluctant to underwrite the risks.
For example, professional indemnity risks in construction and
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm