The majority of off-the-shelf specialist cyber insurance policies have “major flaws” and some companies are being “mis-sold” policies.
This is according to insurance governance consultancy Mactavish which has launched a Cyber Risk Consulting Practice for corporates.
The organisation also warned that some firms require entirely different cover to what they are sold and accused insurers and brokers of using “strong sales tactics and scaremongering” to encourage companies to buy cyber policies.
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings