The majority of off-the-shelf specialist cyber insurance policies have “major flaws” and some companies are being “mis-sold” policies.
This is according to insurance governance consultancy Mactavish which has launched a Cyber Risk Consulting Practice for corporates.
The organisation also warned that some firms require entirely different cover to what they are sold and accused insurers and brokers of using “strong sales tactics and scaremongering” to encourage companies to buy cyber policies.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning