Towergate and Autonet owner The Ardonagh Group has agreed to buy Swinton Group from Covéa Group for £165m.
Ardonagh stated it would fund the purchase from existing finance and with “cash from monetising certain Swinton assets”.
As previously reported Swinton has been up for sale for months with Ardonagh long tipped as likely to win the race for the personal lines specialist.
Through the purchase Ardonagh will take on £168m of turnover, over one million customers and 1.6 million live
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman