Towergate and Autonet owner The Ardonagh Group has agreed to buy Swinton Group from Covéa Group for £165m.
Ardonagh stated it would fund the purchase from existing finance and with “cash from monetising certain Swinton assets”.
As previously reported Swinton has been up for sale for months with Ardonagh long tipped as likely to win the race for the personal lines specialist.
Through the purchase Ardonagh will take on £168m of turnover, over one million customers and 1.6 million live
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product