Towergate and Autonet owner The Ardonagh Group has agreed to buy Swinton Group from Covéa Group for £165m.
Ardonagh stated it would fund the purchase from existing finance and with “cash from monetising certain Swinton assets”.
As previously reported Swinton has been up for sale for months with Ardonagh long tipped as likely to win the race for the personal lines specialist.
Through the purchase Ardonagh will take on £168m of turnover, over one million customers and 1.6 million live
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries