The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) received 1,456,396 enquiries in 2017/18 up 4.4% on the previous year.
Some 45% of the enquiries were about payment protection insurance (PPI).
The Ombudsman’s Annual Review for 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 detailed that the enquiries led to 339,967 new complaints being opened of which 55% were about PPI.
Insurance more widely accounted for 11% of all complaints.
The organisation also provided a further breakdown of the figures excluding PP
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform