The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) received 1,456,396 enquiries in 2017/18 up 4.4% on the previous year.
Some 45% of the enquiries were about payment protection insurance (PPI).
The Ombudsman’s Annual Review for 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 detailed that the enquiries led to 339,967 new complaints being opened of which 55% were about PPI.
Insurance more widely accounted for 11% of all complaints.
The organisation also provided a further breakdown of the figures excluding
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role