The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) received 1,456,396 enquiries in 2017/18 up 4.4% on the previous year.
Some 45% of the enquiries were about payment protection insurance (PPI).
The Ombudsman’s Annual Review for 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 detailed that the enquiries led to 339,967 new complaints being opened of which 55% were about PPI.
Insurance more widely accounted for 11% of all complaints.
The organisation also provided a further breakdown of the figures excluding
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings