There were 975,000 telematics policies live in the UK in 2017 according to annual research by the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba).
The trade body explained that its survey included information from “the leading telematics brands” in the UK.
The figures show an increase of nearly 30% on the 2016 total.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director at Biba, said: “It’s fantastic to see technology having such a positive effect.
“A high proportion of telematics policies are b
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall