There were 975,000 telematics policies live in the UK in 2017 according to annual research by the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba).
The trade body explained that its survey included information from “the leading telematics brands” in the UK.
The figures show an increase of nearly 30% on the 2016 total.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director at Biba, said: “It’s fantastic to see technology having such a positive effect.
“A high proportion of telematics policies are b
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- SEIB eyeing buys to support ongoing organic growth