There were 975,000 telematics policies live in the UK in 2017 according to annual research by the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba).
The trade body explained that its survey included information from “the leading telematics brands” in the UK.
The figures show an increase of nearly 30% on the 2016 total.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director at Biba, said: “It’s fantastic to see technology having such a positive effect.
“A high proportion of telematics policies are b
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute