There were 975,000 telematics policies live in the UK in 2017 according to annual research by the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba).
The trade body explained that its survey included information from “the leading telematics brands” in the UK.
The figures show an increase of nearly 30% on the 2016 total.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director at Biba, said: “It’s fantastic to see technology having such a positive effect.
“A high proportion of telematics policies are
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand