There were 975,000 telematics policies live in the UK in 2017 according to annual research by the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba).
The trade body explained that its survey included information from “the leading telematics brands” in the UK.
The figures show an increase of nearly 30% on the 2016 total.
Graeme Trudgill, executive director at Biba, said: “It’s fantastic to see technology having such a positive effect.
“A high proportion of telematics policies are
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings