There are an estimated 12-14m consumers in the UK living with medical conditions, and they can find accessing insurance to be a complicated, expensive and extremely frustrating experience.
According to the Department of Health, ‘people with multiple long-term conditions are becoming the norm, rather than the exception’, and this issue, known as comorbidity, is on the rise*. Comorbidity further complicates the insurance landscape for these vulnerable consumers, as does older age.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal