It was a quieter month for brokers, but the changes were noticeable at insurers and MGAs.
Saga CEO Lance Batchelor set January 2020 as the date of his departure, kick-starting the race to find his replacement. Laurent Matras was confirmed as executive managing director of Axa Retail, ending speculation over a role he had been filling temporarily.
Nexus Group hired Marc van der Veer as CEO of European ventures, taking him from GEO Underwriting.
Elsewhere, Taylor Rhodes was announced as the
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?