Nexus Group has hired Marc van der Veer as CEO of European ventures.
He joins Nexus from the Ardonagh Group, where he was CEO of international for specialty MGA Geo Underwriting. He joined Geo in 2017 following its rebrand from Towergate Underwriting.
In his new role, van der Veer will report to Nexus group CEO Colin Thompson. His main focus at Nexus will be on pursuing a buy and build strategy for an identified pipeline of niche European specialty MGAs.
He will then manage the acquired
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers