Nexus Group has hired Marc van der Veer as CEO of European ventures.
He joins Nexus from the Ardonagh Group, where he was CEO of international for specialty MGA Geo Underwriting. He joined Geo in 2017 following its rebrand from Towergate Underwriting.
In his new role, van der Veer will report to Nexus group CEO Colin Thompson. His main focus at Nexus will be on pursuing a buy and build strategy for an identified pipeline of niche European specialty MGAs.
He will then manage the acquired
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues