On 8 March 2019, the FCA and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) jointly published a policy statement, following consultation, on the limit which FOS may award firms for complaints.
From 1 April 2019, the award limit will increase to £350,000 (previously £150,000) for complaints about acts or omissions by firms on or after 1 April 2019 (this is not an April 1 joke). The maximum amount will be £160,000 for complaints about acts or omissions by firms before 1 April 2019, and which are referred
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews