“I’ve always been really curious, I would walk up to anyone and ask them a question whereas some people are really hierarchical,” says Gallagher’s non-executive chair Sue Langley.
It is an attitude she believes is embedded in the broker’s culture.
“I would hope nobody in Gallagher would have any boundaries about who they wanted to talk to,” she maintains.
“I would be horrified if people in Gallagher were hierarchical and felt they couldn’t come to talk to me or others on the exec.”
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews