For the insurers, Allianz added five years to global CEO Oliver Bäte’s contract as chairman of the board of management.
Similarly, Lloyd’s appointed Neil Maidment, who is retiring from the chief underwriting officer role at Beazley, as an independent non-executive of the cooperation’s board.
A number of high profile broker names snapped up new posts.
Clegg Gifford announced that former A&A Group and Mulsanne Insurance boss Tony Allen would join the broker as non-executive director. Fresh
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings