The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has appointed Sheldon Mills as its new director of competition.
Mills is currently senior director, mergers and state aid at the Competition and Markets Authority and will take up the post in November.
The departure of Mary Starks, director of competition and chief economist at the watchdog was confirmed earlier this year.
At the FCA Mills will be tasked with promoting competition in consumers’ interest.
He will be responsible for delivering market studi
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover