The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has appointed Sheldon Mills as its new director of competition.
Mills is currently senior director, mergers and state aid at the Competition and Markets Authority and will take up the post in November.
The departure of Mary Starks, director of competition and chief economist at the watchdog was confirmed earlier this year.
At the FCA Mills will be tasked with promoting competition in consumers’ interest.
He will be responsible for delivering market
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners