The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has appointed Sheldon Mills as its new director of competition.
Mills is currently senior director, mergers and state aid at the Competition and Markets Authority and will take up the post in November.
The departure of Mary Starks, director of competition and chief economist at the watchdog was confirmed earlier this year.
At the FCA Mills will be tasked with promoting competition in consumers’ interest.
He will be responsible for delivering market
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns