Few walk the walk when it comes to gender diversity in the insurance sector. Countless InsurTech talks and panel discussions have raised awareness of the issue but no actionable change is ever spoken about.
Despite some great role models, the broking community and the insurance sector as a whole is woefully short of women in management and executive positions. Just 5% of executive director roles were held by women last year compared with 21% across the FTSE 100.
In the 15 years I have been
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA