Former Das CEO Paul Asplin was found guilty on fraud charges today (9 July) at Southwark Crown Court.
Fellow defendants David Kearns, ex claims director at Das, and Sally Jones, Asplin’s former wife, were also found guilty at the criminal trial.
Three other defendants, Robert Dalley, Karen Asplin (Paul Asplin’s current wife) and Jayne Kearns (David Kearns’ wife) were all found not guilty.
Asplin was alleged to have defrauded the insurer while he was CEO by encouraging contracts with c
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- GRP’s County Group buys Guardian in "first of many" deals
- Finch Insurance Brokers returns to profitable growth in 2017
- Trident switches from Open GI to Applied Systems
- Providers prepare for FCA affordability rule changes hitting premium finance
- Clear secures refinancing deal with ECI Partners
- SEIB looking for more deals after Equicover book buy