In an ideal world people would never need to make an insurance claim. But when they do, it means something’s gone wrong. So perhaps more than any other type of financial business, insurers and brokers may routinely need to support customers in vulnerable circumstances.
And as insurers will be aware, a single event can have a huge impact. Whether it is illness, bereavement or another unforeseen event, someone who’s been on top of things can very suddenly be left in a totally different position.
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals